CAULIFLOWER TORTILLA RECIPE
(Paleo, Grain Free, Gluten free) Makes about 6-7 medium size tortillas
¾ a head of cauliflower riced or 2 cups riced and packed
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. Cut cauliflower florets from the head, removing most of the stem. Take 3/4 of the florets and pulse in a food processor until you get a texture slightly finer than rice. (Now that it's riced, measure to make sure you have 2 cups packed.)
3. Place riced cauliflower in bowl and microwave for 2 minutes and stir, then another two minutes and stir again then place in a dish towel and squeeze excess water out as hard as you can. (You're going to want to get out as much water as you can and be careful not to burn yourself because it's going to be very hot.)
4. Place drained cauliflower back in bowl and add two eggs, salt and pepper and mix until well combined.
5. Note: it will be a little bit runny but shouldn't be pure liquid either. Spread mixture onto a baking sheet into 6 small fairly flat circles.
6. Place in the oven for 10 minutes then pull out of the oven and carefully peel them off the parchment and flip them. Place back in the oven for 5-7 more minutes.
7. Once they're done, place the tortillas on a wire rack to cool slightly.
8. Heat a medium sized pan over medium heat and place the tortillas into the pan pressing down slightly, and brown them to your liking. Don't skip this step because it makes them slightly crispy on the edges and gives them a wonderful, nutty taste.
Recipe and photo via SlimPalate.com